Wednesday, January 11, 2006

myspace

ok, so everyone is talking about myspace. it's so popular right now, it's crazy. may I inform you though, I have had a myspace profile for over a year now, so I was on it when it was barely gettting popular. I'm really not trendy......

the weird thing is, all these youth worker sites keep talking about teens and myspace. like this one:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2006-01-08-myspace-teens_x.htm

problem is, I'm not a teen! I'm 21! I'm not addicted to myspace, but I go on it often. it makes me feel strange to be a youth pastor, but at the same time, in the same catagory as my youth......

myspace has really helped me connect with old friends, and make new ones with youth pastors and youth from other churches. so it's staying with me, for now. yes, it has it's downfalls. but I see more pros than cons. I still feel weird, being in my position. but I guess it's a little better than the 30 somthing's youth pastors who use it. they must feel really strange!

1 comment:

Matthias Liechti said...

you're all over the place... xanga, myspace, blogspot... and i'm pretty sure i missed something... cyberlady you are :-).