Tuesday, January 05, 2010

for He is faithful

"Come and listen, all you who fear
God;
let me tell you what he has done
for me.
I cried to him with my mouth;
his praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;
but God has surely listened
and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!"

-Psalm 66:16-20

I sit here, my heart simply overwhelmed. God has been so faithful in providing for me in so many ways. But He's also showing me ways he's faithful in the hearts and lives of those around me. Sometimes prayer seems futile. But I see growth and change in people that I honestly had given up on. I am continually blessed with the trust of other girls and women who love me enough to share their hearts, burdens and struggles with me. I feel the need to take it even more seriously, as so many people request prayers and needs- "to him who much is given..." ha. that was even the daily text message verse I received! the gravity of it is, though, that God DOES reward perseverance and sincere desire. It's helping me to see the beauty of consistent and faithful prayers, relationships, and honesty. It also is so humbling to see that when we revoke the sin in our lives, and surrender our wants and plans, and choose to truly, truly follow where He leads, the new path is so much more real and glorious than one could have imagined. And his faithfulness to heal, change and bring hearts back to him is simply amazing. I will sing of his mercies, I will tell of his love! (or something like that...)

glory. may I be the vessel You have created me to be.

me and Abi being silly.

ice cream at the border

snowshoeing with Chass and Addy.

No comments: