Saturday, July 03, 2010

Ireland, Day 1




I'm going to blog about my Ireland and England trip, one day at a time. I journaled while I was there, so I would be able to remember the key points and blog later. Enjoy!

Day One: June 10th, 2010.


I flew into Dublin alone, via Salt Lake and JFK. My flight was delayed, and last I heard, the Moore's was as well, but they were hoping to arrive around the same time. So the plan was to meet at "The Meeting Place" in the airport in Dublin. However, upon arrival, no one was around to meet me, and their flight didn't show up in the arrivals. I asked at the desk, didn't get any help, waited around a bit, even tried to text Jacob, but no luck. I realized now it would have been smart to have Jacob and Monira's hotel name, but too late. Luckily Elizabeth had given me directions to our hostel, so I asked at the info desk on buses, and headed outside to catch the bus to the Dublin City Center. I checked into the hostel, checked my email, and found that the Moore's flight had been canceled and they'd be arriving the next morning. So I proceeded to call Jacob and Monira's hotel and connect with them.

We met up, and headed out for a walk around the town. We had a pretty laid back time of it, just walking around, looking for a good pub to eat in.
the first night there!
The one we finally landed on had amazing Irish stew with lamb.

Seriously fantastic. Of course we had Guinness with it. :) Next, we went walking again, and found an interesting Cathedral, and some great architecture to take photos of. We also stopped at H&M (they have a LOT in Ireland and England!) to look for a jumper for me, but no luck. Lastly, we stopped for coffee and desserts. They were so exquisite looking, and oh so tasty!


By this time I was thoroughly exhausted, so they walked me back to the hostel and I went to bed. Thus ending day one of our trip. :)

("To Let" means "To Rent")







2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful already.

CassieU said...

what is H&M and what do you mean a "jumper?"...like clothing?