Thursday, August 14, 2008

mais de voce

Tonight Kurt Gelman and I decided that the claim of Michael Phelps being the greatest Olympian because of his medal count isn't well-grounded. Swimming has so many events, of course you can win loads of medals! Then you have people who do extremely difficult events, but only have a shot at one medal per Olympics. So it's not an appropriate comparison. He's great, don't get me wrong. But greatest Olympian EVER? hmm....

There's been far too much eating and speaking going on in my life today-now my jaw is as sore as ever. So, I took some more lortab to combat it. But then I spilled my coffee all over the floor and my hand. Tears may have been close at hand......

Tomorrow after work I head out to Destination Unknown......a youth event with my church, Salt Lake Evangelical Free. Funny thing about this said event, however. The only students signed up so far include my 3 youngest siblings, a few other homeschoolers, and 1 other kid who Lea says, "he is LIKE a homeschooler". So. We're in for a socially awkward, very eclectic trip.....to the unknown. Hmm. Wonder what will go down?

Speaking of church......(I listen to the Relevant podcast too much. the segway fascination has been rubbing off on me for sure!) I've been in a VBS drama for Sunday School the last few months. they split it up, instead of doing it for one week, they've been doing it on Sundays. I volunteered to Lea to be in the drama. And ended up with the lead role. It's been a lot of fun, but a lot of lines to memorize! The best part is, I play a Creation Scientist. My specialty! So i can basically get up on a soapbox, and it's real! well. not an actual, physical soapbox........more like, a real, figurative soapbox.....um. ya. I have to go. I have a food. in the oven.....



So I have a major dilemma. I need to move out by winter, for various reasons, but mostly because I can't live in Stockton and be involved in anything extensively. It's too time and fuel consuming. Plus, getting to work in the winter will be a bear. But all the housing options are not as ideal as I would like. In reality, all I want is to have my own place. Even if small and crummy. I'm so sick of having to move constantly, and into other people's homes. It's draining. And, it's my biggest struggle right now. Watching most of my friends and family get married and start a home together is painful- now, more so because of the home factor, and not the man factor. Good switch? Bad? I'm not sure. I've been avoiding the decision because I can't afford to live on my own, but dread having to accommodate myself yet again to a new household. Sigh. Anyway......I need help/wisdom/prayer in making this decision. Work does play into it as well, and currently I don't know how stable my job is. So I'm also afraid to make a move, then have to get a new job, and then have to move again.

Yet another extremely complicated dilemma in my life, which I must deal with, and not ignore. Speaking of.......I had a few good confrontations recently. Which I initiated. One about Calvanism/predestination, and another with someone I had to tell I am not interested in. Ouch. Hardcore. But it went well. It all did. Praise God or honesty, humility, and trust. Without it, I have a super hard time with confrontation.

This has been quite the all over the place and disjointed post. Guess that happens when you don't blog enough, and your life events begin to blurrrrrrrrrrr together!

This is what the maintenance manager found dying outside our building at work:


It was super small, but the first scorpion I've ever seen! too bad it was dying. A Friend/coworker and I are going to try to find some more.


This is Ryan Dahl. He's in our youth group. He's pretty much best friends with Kate and Abi. And he's the bad guy in the drama I'm in for VBS. He's pretty much awesome. For a 17 year old.

In other news. Congratulations to my sister Charity, for being accepted to Grand Canyon University! She starts September 1st, and I'm crazy happy and excited that she finally gets to go back to school!!!!! Woot!

3 comments:

CassieU said...

i love the congrats for charity at the end. very smooth finish. DID YOU FORGET TO MENTION...TOMORROW IS ALSO YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! trying to keep it on the DL are you??? but i won't/can't let that happen. It's a great time to be in celebration. I LOVE YOU SUass...Something will turn up....the right thing normally does eh? my canadian lover...(meaning we both love canada...any other form of that...would be uncivilized...giggles. I LOVE YOU.

Zac and Brook Halford said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSIE! I know that it is still the 14th here, but I figured you would not get the message until your birthday! Welcome to the 24 group...although I must admit we are not that exciting :( I miss you and I am proud of you for all of your positive confrontations! I send my love!

Unknown said...

i already told you happy birthday today. twice so far. but thanks for the congrats, you haven't mentioned you're going too tho! boy i look like i need an education in that picture! ;) i miss you so freakin much!