Saturday, August 09, 2008

Pain & Joy

My wisdom teeth were removed Thursday. The dentist has always been one of my biggest fears- I guess I just don't like someone drilling around in my mouth. Can you blame me? But since I have health insurance/dental for once in my life, I decided to take advantage of it. Wednesday I actually had a cavity filled, as well. Now that's all out of the way, I can focus on other fun things.....like getting another mole removed. No worries, just precautionary..... Hopefully!


this is me at home after the surgery. Thankfully, they were all in so it was a quick one and I didn't swell up a lot.

The best part of this ordeal is that my newfound friends, the Gelmans, came out to visit me. Not only did they drive all the way out from Sandy to Stockton, but they have 4 kids ages 5 and under. What friends! We rarely get visitors here because people for some reason seem to think it's our duty to drive in to visit them all the time, and somehow the friendship doesn't work both ways. But Kurt and Lea Gelman are troopers for sure!!! Lea is my new best friend in Utah- we have declared our undying love to each other. Grin. Seriously, though. Since all my other best friends and sisters now live in other states and countries, God truly has blessed me with her friendship. Even with her being a few years older and having 4 kids, we still connected way better than you could have planned. I am blessed.


I took Lea with me to Lagoon for my work Lagoon day a few weeks ago. This is us, after a long hot day of walking around, enjoying some of life's best: fruit.











Lea's true side comes out at youth group.










at the end of June, beginning of July, I went as a youth leader for the Challenge Conference, an Evangelical Free Church Of America youth conference that happens every two years. There were only 4 leaders, Lea and Kurt Gelman, and me and my friend Erik. Lea and I bonded. I pretty much poured out my heart with her- t'was good.







at youth group: Kurt is the youth pastor at church, and I babysit their 4 kids every youth night. Here I am with their youngest, Zion. He's adorable.





Now I'm just chillaxin at home, getting bored and catching up on The Office. My jaw hurts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CassieU said...

hey gorgeous. I was going to call...but...are you going to heather neiley's baby shower? i wasn't sure...thought i'd ask. Glad to hear you didn't swell up. Hope someone at the house is giving you some TLC. Not that this is from guilt or anthing..but WHEN would be a good time to come out and visit...we never know when you are free..
LOVE---me

CassieU said...

fyi..jake'll be up in PC this thurs night also. I know you have the concert...but thought you might want options. We'll talk soon.
I miss you too.

CassieU said...

see your comment on my blog for a response to your comment on my blog..hehehe...might have been easier to have written it on yours..then again,it's kind of like hide and go seek...your it!