Wednesday, October 01, 2008

So far, school is going well. Trying to balance the time of homework, work, and regular life gets rough. I'm not as busy with other activites now as I used to be durign school, and my grades show it. Sometimes though, when I get home from work, I'm not motivated to study at all. That's when I'll allow myself (it usually happens one night a week.) to watch my current Netflix film. :) Last night was one called "Four Days in September", about a revolutionary uprising in Rio de Janeiro in the 60's. (I think.) My film watching times consist of either lying on my bed or floor, with the curtains drawn tight, a blanket, a cup of tea, coffee, mixed drink, or a beer, a nalgene full of hot water for warmth, headphones if it's in English or Kate's music is too loud, and my phone close at hand. There is an art to the way I like to enjoy my films, and I'm getting pretty close to perfecting it. It's rather enjoyable, though when I first started I felt like a loser for always watching movies alone. Now I prefer it and look forward to it.

Well, it did the trick. Not only was it a moving and well made film, (I kinda cried.....) but it gave me motivation to get working. I got a lot done last night and Monday night, so I feel pretty good about that.

The film did, however, make me homesick- for Brazil. How does that work? I was in the location most-lived in during my life, feeling homesick for another country. Sigh. I don't understand myself. I think I'll just finish my cuppa.......

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can relate. I listen to sermons from the Village Church and it makes me homesick for a good church, although when I was there I was homesick for something else. We'll continually be homesick until we're in our eternal home, I've decided. I miss you. I wish I could watch the films with you. And wish you could listen to sermons with me.

Zac and Brook Halford said...

I have a way that you can make it perfect....have Zac come in periodically when watching a movie and try to talk to you :) I am glad that you are coming up with a pattern for your week...schedules make me so much more calm about things. I will be studying this weekend too...I have a midterm :( Remember that we have a date; I will call you!

CassieU said...

i think it sucks that we live so close, but are so busy ...i want to make more effort friend...shurg. I LOVE YOU and care much....sorry if i suck at showing it sometimes.