Saturday, February 28, 2009

alone and cozy

(Elizabeth in Hawaii)

I just watched Garden State. on my laptop, alone in my room. I feel so cozy and content, with my $10 Wal Mart pillow.

I've been sick the last few days, so my head is all stuffed up.

I'm excited to sleep in tomorrow.

I didn't agree at all with Plugged In's review of Garden State, but hey- what's new? I think they want clean films that are always family friendly and happy endings. unfortunately, that's not life. and real life tends to keep me in reality check mode- and confronting the hard stuff.

The Halford Pout comes out!

I've been rollerblading with a coworker after work a few days this week, and I'm happy he suggested it, because it's going to be a good way to start getting back in the groove. it's also opened me up to approaching people and issues at work with a fresh perspective, and I'm excited about where that may go. I am praying my heart and mind continually stays focused and centered in God, in order to be a good ambassador. In all honesty, I can think of a few instances this week where I chose to act or respond to coworkers in ways that I subconsciously felt that they would appreciate. Ug. I hate those random moments where I unintentionally attempt to be what I think others might like. Where did the unique, "Susanna doesn't care what YOU think about her, because Jesus is who she serves" person go in that moment? I don't like myself when I do that. Like laugh at a worthless, crude joke. Or smile when someone says something cruel and cutting about a former employee. That's not of Jesus. That's not love. That's not what I want to be.

So. Next step, confess my sins, confront and repent. And fill my heart and mind with love......to be ever sensitive to the souls that God loves just as much as myself. even those beastly people in over-sized, gas guzzling trucks who tailgate you when you're already stuck behind slow people. rawr.


in Page, Arizona

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What is sleeping in? Does loving the tailgaters mean we shouldn't slow down just because? If there wasn't love, WWJD would become Who Would Jesus Drown? bahaha

Susanna Johnson said...

no. we need to still slow down, to help re-teach them how to drive properly. :)

sleeping in is what content, independent and single people do every once in a while, because they don't have other people tying them down.

No, it would become "Who Would Jesus Do?" bahahahahahahahahaha!

CassieU said...

is page the place where those really cool pics were from???we drove through page, it wasn't that pretty...maybe because it was at night...you think?