Sunday, February 22, 2009

perfect day

this weekend was amazing. I stayed home fri and sat alllll day, except sat I went to Micah's nail biting Jr. Jazz game. which he won. and only 4 players most of the game. it was awesome. I went to 2 jazz games this week, most notable of course was the celtics. soo fun.

today I went to k2 the church with josiah, talked to an jeff loomis, talked to kyle korver, and headed over to oasis. I was met with a huge surprise of jon gerhardt, spenser holiday, and shalom AND bethany, and anne claire, and mara, joly, holly, etc. omg. it was like youth group flashback. i wanted to cry. I got to see so many people today I love and have missed, and with NO bitterness. God's forgiveness, and healing grace is mind-boggling.

so the oasis young adults group went to play wally ball for a few hours, that was a blast. then quick stop for coffee with jacob, nira, and david- where nira spilled her soda all over the car, and jacob nearly ran a red light. scaring us to death!

next, we had a meeting with shannon and tammy mcneil, concerning a drama we are putting on soon called "coffee shop talks". it's basically addressing the "taboo" subjects people don't talk about in church. I'm really excited for it, and super glad they're including me in it. I was actually able to share my heart for a bit, and that was sweet.

then I went to dinner with jacob, nira, and david. I shared with them why I left Oasis, which was so freeing, and I felt a deep heart connection with them. they received it very graciously, and encouraged me as I make preparations for the next step.

then I went over to some new friend's house, to watch the academy awards with them. two of us had no idea what was going on, and the other one knew little. but we had fun, and I got to know them a bit better.

all in all, I felt like God brought about some more heart-felt honesty today, some more healing and reconciliation. it's a sweet experience for sure. but as more healing takes place, the more of a struggle I have with where I belong in the church body. with community now at four different fellowships, I'm not sure where I should be. maybe i will forever be the roving little social butterfly Brook has tagged me as.

seriously though. who is this susanna, and where did the old one go? I have a boldness and social network that I would have never believed could exist, just 10 years ago.

all things are possible with God, eh? He certainly has made me new!

5 comments:

CassieU said...

you're always welcome you know where!!!smiles..and yeah for boldnes...GOd bless you girlie!!!I LOVE YOU.

Unknown said...

hopefully I'll be as social as you when I grow up!

Ashley Metzger said...

What is this "taboo" subject? You could text it to me if others aren't supposed to know.

And yes, I also have noticed a huge change with you in the last few months even. All for the better!!! Maybe it's just that you seem like the old Jazz fan you used to be;)

Caleb

Susanna Johnson said...

I should always remain the true blue fan I was destined to be ;)

Susanna Johnson said...

oh, I meant taboo subjects. just the kinds of things that people feel awkward or not comfortable talking about- the things that many people, christians as well, struggle with yet keep hidden because it's not "appropriate" to discuss or share. make sense?