Sunday, November 13, 2005

late nights

David Crowder makes me smile. two cups of tea late in the evening keeps me awake. Yet I still avoid myself. Sometimes I sit down to read the Bible, or write letters to God, or pray about my struggles. Often when I need that the most, when there's something huge in my life I've almost given up on, that's when I somehow find everything and anything to keep my mind off the pain. Am I so awful? Or is this a common problem? It's relieving to know that eventually I give in and pour out my heart to God, and finally sit. "Be still, and know that I Am God." Eventually, my heart rests. Leaving the impossible with God is the most simple thing to do- or should be. I would like to be able to come to that place much faster than I do. Lord, you are strong when I am weak.


In other news. I miss old friends. Caleb is 23. I don't want winter to come. I do want Jars of Clay to come. Sarah has left for DC to visit her boyfriend. Susanna decided she vemonantly abhorres arranged marriages. period. finally, and shockingly, Susanna might actually like the idea of getting married someday.

!Cheers!

No comments: