Thursday, April 16, 2009

the beginning of something new

at the end of last year, I posted that my life was rushing ahead and eventually going to collide in a whirl of events that I could not stop. (well, ok. I didn't word it quite that dramatically. but still.) and now it's beginning to truly happen.

April 16th, 2009. Susanna is laid off from Conestoga Wood Specialties.

May 3rd. School at Grand Canyon University ends for the year.

Mayish. Hopefully Susanna transfers to the U, thus starting her last trek of education. Three ( I think) more semesters to go.)

June 12th. Susanna (Hopefully still!) moves into Josh's downtown apartment.

August 11th. Jes La Bleu returns to Utah after two years away!!!

Wow. The job hunt begins.
Truly trusting in God's provision, rather than a full time job ensues.
Finally, a real college student??
Community can start NOW.

I'm rather excited. It's all new and foreign. I told Micah on Sunday, "I wish I had been laid off!" Then on Monday, struggling to push through an endless day of sanding doors, I meditate on Proverbs 3:5-6, my life verse.
Today, the news at work was that we're not doing so good, and we have too much labor.
I decide I need to just get laid off, go to the U and save tuition costs of GCU, and find a part time job. (and trust God with my future. and get out of Tooele. and move forward.)
Honestly. I've lived too often in the shadow of what I think is expected of me. of job security. of whatever it is that capitalistic america does and is. I'm ready to actually take a step of faith, of action, and move forward with my dreams. I DO have dreams now. I DO have goals. and I'm certain they are rooted firmly in Christ. therefore, as the Bible says, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness. Then all these things shall be added unto thee." right? of course........

well whatever happens. I'm also very sure that God is behind it all. and even if I get laid off, I have a community of family who is supporting me and loving me every step of the way. I have three homes away from home, and even if I can't afford to live on my own after this happening, they are there for me! What a sweet thing, the relationships God has blessed me with!

ps. I feel such freedom from getting laid off, it's not even real.

4 comments:

Ashley Metzger said...

FIRST!!! Can't wait to see where this new "journey" takes you. Just remember, "Don't stop believing." There are many people out there rooting you on and also with "Open arms." You are following God just how He asks, trusting and "Faithfuly." Isn't it better to have a great God than a "wheel in the sky?" Getting laid off a couple days after wanting to, is like getting things, "any way you want it." Sometimes you come to a place in life where you and certain things go "separate ways" and you are then "worlds apart."

Susanna Johnson said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!

what better way to end a day than with your day summed up in Journey?

ah, you're funny!

Unknown said...

hahahaha Caleb that was amazing!!!!! susanna, congrats! can't wait to see what happens in the future!

CassieU said...

love the song references...and i hope we're one of your "other homes." seriously, if something doesn't work out with josh's...