Sunday, April 26, 2009

verdade

honestly?

all I want is to fall madly in love with someone who cherishes me above all others. and have a delightful love story together. and serve Jesus together, for all of our time on earth.

is that so much to ask?

and why does it seem like everyone else in my life make that simple desire so complicated and difficult?

and,

it's not fair.

but I know God never promised it TO be fair.

even so. being left out and left behind still does not seem fair.

and that's hard.

but something I'm constantly giving back to God, and letting Him control.

and that's hard, too.

:: change this something normal, into something beautiful :: joc

5 comments:

CassieU said...

...Have a blast in GC! who knows maybe something/someone will be waiting for you when you get back...it's a great goal..stick with it. I LOVE YOU.

Zac and Brook Halford said...

It is a blessing to have God point you to that special person, but so often we look towards it with disregard for the freedom that singleness offers. Both are blessings...our culture just seems to value one over the other.

Susanna Johnson said...

if the "freedom" that singleness offers is as grand as married people try to make it out to be, then why'd they all get married? and why does nearly everyone get married? single "freedom" is bullcrap, in my opinion. God created male and female to be together, so I don't think it's just a cultural thing. most people in the Bible got married, as well.

I will, Cas. pray my body can take it- I'm worried I won't hold up so well! and when I get back, party at your house!!!! woot!

Anonymous said...

Curious: what sparked this post?

Susanna Johnson said...

one of my brother's ex-girlfriends trying to set me up with someone. and then trying to explain how people are always trying to convince me to fall in love with a friend of mine. that was the spark. :)