Friday, May 08, 2009

Grand Canyon Day 3

We woke up sore, on top on the tonto. It wasn't too early, but around 6:30. I could barely move. I was already popping the ibuprofen fast and furious. We headed out, towards Clear Creek campground. It was around six more miles, but it felt like it took forever.

Once we arrived, Daniel and I weren't in any mood to go on another long hike that day, we we relaxed in the little pool of water we had made five years ago. It's smaller than it used to be, but at least it still existed. The we had enough energy to head upstream a bit. We soon found a small, little waterfall that we had previously named "Charity Falls". Any ideas as to why it was dubbed thus?


Charity Falls


Daniel was eaten by the falls. I think it got mad at us or something.


enjoying the sun and the wetness of water.

The rest of the day we napped, played games, at Couscous with Pepperroni and string cheese, and just rested. David could easily have done more, but Daniel and I were plain tuckered out.


playing Mennonite Madness


We even tasted some cactus; it wasn't too bad.


doctoring his blisters


getting out of control

We ended the day by eating as many snacks as possible, trying to lessen the weight of our packs. Then we went to sleep under the stars.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Charity falls ate daniel!!!! whoo hoo! Did david seriously hike in Chucks??? that would literally kill. ugh...
ps. hugs are better than drugs you pill popper.

Susanna Johnson said...

yes, he did. insane. his feet seemed fine too. ya, hugs ARE better. but Cassie is the only person who ever hugs me, and it's not enough. so I take my ibuprofen for the pain. :(

Ashley Metzger said...

I remember having those adidas shoes everyone told me would make my feet sore and my feet did better than most. 3 years in a row. Are you and Danielle getting old?

Susanna Johnson said...

hey! I just have bad toenails! i didn't even get any blisters. he's been limping around for days now, because of it. you're getting older anyway. hah!

CassieU said...

looks like you had a blast. i like the "short falls", i mean charity falls...