Sunday, May 03, 2009

kind motorist

i met a kind motorist late last night. while driving past Kanab, Utah, this certain approaching motorist took what felt like FOREVER to turn his high beams off. then, he flashed them at me. "what's his problem?? I turned mine off WAY before he turned his off!!" thought i. then to realize, he was just warning me of the Ring Twoish hoards of deer, meandering by the side of the road. "what a decent fellow" thinketh I. "good luck to him, because I've just passed an equally appaling amount of deer, boldy enjoying the highway's edges.

back from the Grand Canyon. no sleep last night, mostly driving. currently performing my all-inclusive toenail surgery, which always follows the trip. I do believe, I shall be losing at least four this time, if not near eight!!

The Beginning: Day 1.


we stopped in Page, Arizona, so I could show them the Horseshoe spectacle.



the boys, checking out the view.



about to be blown off the cliff.

5 comments:

Zac and Brook Halford said...

I am glad that you are back safely. Who all ended up going down? How long did it take you this time?

Ashley Metzger said...

Ring 2- very unscary. Real deer however, very scary.

CassieU said...

we drove through page at night and didn't see that amazing view! so jealous. next time i go down, you have to come with, and or show us how to do it! you are amazing. glad you wore sunscreen the whole time...i didn't want to go through with my threat to the boys!!! smiles. (you know you love me!)

Snivellusly Ozalan said...

Looks fun! And that one guy looks familiar...wish I could place him. I agree about Ring Two...totally not scary...and though I don´t usually find dear all that scary, they can be when you´re driving. I love your writing...very funny. That is, when you mean to be funny, of course.

Susanna Johnson said...

it was only Ringish 2 because they were all over the place. i didn't, by all means, think the Ring 2 Deer were in the least bit scary. :)

yes cas, I do! and the view is not accessible without a little bit of a walk.

Brook, I'll answer you with future posts. :)

and, thanks Rebecca!